Monday, February 25, 2013

I'll Take Two Please...

     Sorry it has been a little while since my last post.  Between my crazy nap schedule and... well, that's all, so between my naps I didn't feel lke updating anything until I felt a little more clear headed.  The surgery pain has subsided for the most part.  I can walk around the house a bit, pee by myself and feed myself :) Yay!  Sleeping is still annoying because I have to stay on my back and I hate sleeping on my back.  I was told I can try sleeping on my side, but after a minute I feel a small pain by my ovary... either it is real or out of fear in my imagination...whichever it is, I get nervous and go back to my back.  I am a stomach sleeper and that is completely out of the picture already.  My little incisions are healing pretty good.  I swear I can feel my ovaries cramping throughout the day, but I think that might be a good sign that maybe they are contracting.   
     Now to the Babies...yep, babies!!!! We are having TWINS!!  I've had two ultrasounds and one blood draw since my last post.  My HCG level was 21000, which is perfect.  Low for 6 weeks is 1000 and the high is 56000, so I am in the middle and grateful for it.  Both ultrasounds were very clear with two distinct sacs.  I am about 7 weeks and this morning Beau and I got to hear both heartbeats!!!! Makes me cry again just thinking about it.  These little babies are strong little spirits to get through the stress of two weeks ago and grow like nothing happened.  I am soooooo beyond grateful that things with the pregnancy have always been postive since the begining of the IVF process.  It makes everything completey worth it.  I am sooooo ready and excited to meet our children.  I wish they were coming sooner...kind of.   We have a lot to do to get the house ready.
     I am still on a very limited activity "bed rest".  My nurse today told me that by the time my ovaries go down and I am allowed to move without fear of them twisting, it will be to a point that I will have to watch what I do so as to not put myself in pre-term labor.  So basically, my one month of no volleyball or working out looks like it will be the full pregnancy.  Ughh, but its for a good cause :)
     I wanted to THANK EVERYONE that has helped over the last couple weeks with dinners, grocery shopping, cleaning and just taking time to stop by.  I have felt loved by so many and I know there are many others of you that are praying for us.  I would ask that the prayers continue as we are not out of the danger zone yet... but I feel really good about things.  Beau's mom Julie has been a life saver by taking a week and a half out of her life to come babysit me and keep my house clean and functioning :)  My sisters have been willing to help with anything at the drop of a hat and my neighbors/friends have brought dinners, thoughtful cards and stopped by to keep me company.  And of course my amazing husband has been so protective of me and makes sure I have everything I need every moment of the day.  I've said it before, but I am BLESSED. 

8 comments:

  1. Such exciting news! I have been thinking about you and all of this, wow you are amazing and I hope and pray things continue to go well. I am excited to meet your twins, they are special little spirits and I am so happy I will be living in Idaho where I know I will get to see them and you!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. your BABIES are going to be gorgeous!! They won't be quite as cute as mine, but probably pretty close. Ok seriously, it is hard to wrap my head around you actually having twins! I am so beyond happy for you and Beau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and some more exclamation marks...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! Keep on being a princess! You deserve it and so do those sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me want to cry too. I love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been soo busy that I haven't been able to read your post. I've been just asking others for updates. lol I'm sooo very happy for you!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! I wanna help so text me with whatever you need!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, Leslie! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. You will get to experience something that is so special that most parents don't get to. I would love to give you any tips you would like on what to buy when preparing for twins... for example, your twins are already forming such a special bond between each other that is unlike any other (I am so excited for you to see and feel their special bond)and when my twins were born I had them sleep in the upper insert of our pack n play rather than two bassinets. Twins are so used to being next to each other that it is a comfort for them to be snuggled next to each other. Once they got older and started waking each other in the night is when I switched them to separate beds. I am seriously so excited for you and will keep praying for you and your little family. You and Beau are going to be such amaizng parents. Your little ones are very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for you!! Be prepared for the best. Twins are so fun and amazing, you are going to be treated like rock stars!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie,
    I saw your link on Ashlie's side bar and read almost all of your posts and cried a lot too. I am so glad you are doing better, having less pain and most of all expecting TWINS! That is so wonderful. I am so happy for you and Beau and I know you are going to be incredible parents.
    Best of luck with you many months of laying low. I never exercise when I am expecting. I am too sick in the beginning and then have many other problems later on so it never happens.
    Please let me know if I can do anything for you. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete