Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Decision is Made... We're Going In!!

     After a few rounds of acupuncture, sex, accupressure and lots of walking... I am done.  Nothing is opening and nothing is thinning (except the skin on my belly...ouch!)  I realized that the acupuncture most likely wasn't working because one of the main points to induce labor is in the top of the foot.  I had foot surgery a few years back on both feet and the "lovely" doctor botched the surgery.  My nerves are no longer in the correct position and every time Sue would try to put the needle in she would hit a nerve that was not meant to be there.  Sex is fine, but hasn't progressed anything labor wise.  Accupressure has been great since it is mainly foot massages from Beau, but once again...nothing to progress things.  Walking is just soooooo uncomfortable that the motivation to do it is at level zilch!.  
     I have decided to go in and have assistance getting things started.  I met with my doctor yesterday and discussed options.   Than today I had an NST.  Both boys are GREAT, heart rates are great, but fluid levels in their sacs are getting close enough to the "low" level of 2 that I don't see the purpose in waiting any longer till they are in distress to move things forward.  My concern all along has been dilation on my own because no one in my immediate family dilates on their own.  I was hoping that the pressure of twins would make me different, but over the last three weeks of "progress" monitoring nothing has changed.  I am closed up nice and TIGHT... good job cervix!  I am having contractions that are a little more intense than before, but no pattern and nothing to complain about.  
     So by assistance I mean that they will soften my cervix with something similar to Cervidil starting at 6 am tomorrow morning.  The thinning process can take any where from 6-24 hours.  Once my cervix is softened enough they will start me on a low dose of Pitocin (not happy about having to use this, but it is time for the boys to come out).  Once my body kicks in with its own contractions the Pitocin will be stopped and hopefully my body will continue forward on its own.  After my body kicks in the natural plan is still in place... crossing my fingers it all goes as planned from that point forward.  I am guessing I should have my boys in my arms sometime on Thursday!!! YAY, YIKES, HOLY COW, FINALLY, AND WHAT????????!!!!!!!!!!!  It is still sinking in :) 
    Since tonight is our last night EVER of not having to worry about kids we decided to go out.  We went to La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods...delish!! We got there a little later, so it was nice and quiet... it was perfect :) 

Beau is the best.  The other night he didn't say a word, but set up warm buckets of water with smell-good stuff in them and than massaged my feet for awhile and worked all the labor pressure points.  It was an awesome surprise. 


     I can't believe this is my LAST night pregnant with my first children!!! I am 38 weeks on the dot, 46 inches around and 183 lbs...oops, I lost 3 lbs somewhere this week.  Crazy to think this stage of my life is actually coming to an end...almost makes me cry until I look at my puffy feet and STRETCHED out belly skin :)  Honestly though, it is kind of sad/weird to think that my pregnancy is over.  I have spent so much time over the last couple years praying, pleading and crying for this blessing.  Just the idea of being pregnant seemed so far away at times, than to have it go sooooo well has been a HUGE blessing.  As painful as their kicking and squirming can be, it is my constant reminder of how well they are doing.  I will miss it.


I am excited for my next post... introducing Maverick and Zayden!!!! 


1 comment: