Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ovary Freedom and GENDER REVEAL!!!

     So, it's just past 1:00 am and I am exhausted,but.... not in pain!!! My amazing neighbor is a Duella, Herbologist, Accupuncturist, etc. everything natural.  I talked to her about a week ago and she suggested a few natural supplements for my ovarian cysts and for what I felt like was hemrroids.  She suggested Mag Citrate by Metagenics for the hemrroids and Progestrone lotion by Arbonne for the cysts.  I've been taking 2 Mag Citrates in the morning and 2 at night.  I use one pump of the lotion just before going to bed. Before starting these supplements I had barely started taking 1 capsule of PrimRose Oil in the morning and one at night.  The naturalist I take health food classes from suggested the oil.  I took the oil in conjunction with the Mag Citrate and Progestrone.  Each day was better than the one before in regards to pain.   THEN... today (well technically yesterday the 1st) I had an ultrasound (to find out the baby's genders... get to that in a minute) and Robin, the ultrasound tech also looked at my ovaries.  They are practically normal size AND only had one tiny cyst on each!!!! I was ecstatic with this news considering my ovaries have been huge since the end of January and have caused me soooooo much pain!! .  I've finally been able to function past 3:00 and feel like I have productive days.  Ahhhhhhh... ovary freedom at last!!!! I hope I am not speaking too soon, that would suck!
     Now the fun stuff... the baby's genders.  As I mentioned I had an ultrasound at 9:40 am today (yesterday).  I woke up at 7:00 am, which is crazy early for me, and was too excited to go back to sleep.  During the ultrasound as Robin was looking to see what sex the babies were, Beau and I closed our eyes.  Crazy hard to do, but we did it because my sister Ashlie with the help of her husband Von had decided a few months back that it would be fun to do a reveal party.  So that meant that Beau and I got to see the babies and see how they are growing, but we left the ultrasound not knowing the sex and with an envelope in hand.  I had Robin put the results in the envelope, seal it and sign her name across the seal so there would be no way for me to cheat and open it.  I took the envelope over to Ashlie's house and gave it to her.  I left and tried to keep myself busy all day so I wouldn't go crazy guessing what they might be.  FINALLY at 6:00 pm a small group of friends and family gathered at her house.  My parent's and Beau's family were able to be on FaceTime (although the connection went in and out) for the actual reveal.  Everyone had to guess the sex of both babies and write their guesses on a big poster board.  In order to win a prize you had to guess the sex of each baby correctly.  It couldn't be general such as a boy and a girl.  You had to specify which baby you thought was a boy and which you thought was a girl, etc.  Anyways, Ashlie had made pinatas and filled them with the color candy of the sex of the baby.  One for A and one for B.  At 6:45 on the dot we all went into the backyard where my nephews did the honors of busting the pinatas.  Baby A... BOY.  Baby B... BOY!!!!!! I was crying just walking out to the backyard and it got worse with each result...tears of total joy of course!  Beau and 4 other people guessed it right.  I was wrong.  I thought baby A was a boy and baby B was a girl. 
     Tonight was one of the happiest days in my life thus far.  I have waited so long and gone through so much to be a mom and now things are finally looking up in that direction.  I still know anything can happen, but I have so much peace and faith in the answer I received back in November or December in the temple... that all would be well and I would be a mother soon... that I am trusting the Lord and I will get to meet these little boys in a few months!! I am 16 weeks today and my hope/goal is to make it to 37-38 weeks, so 1st of October-ish.  We have already named them (we've had 2.5 years to come up with something we liked!) 
Baby A: Maverick Storm Murphy
Baby B: Zayden Beau Murphy
I am sooooooo excited for my house to be crazy with sweet, cute, screeming, pooping baby boys!

4 comments:

  1. Love you Leslie!
    That is awesome news about the ovaries and cysts... you didn't tell me that!!! What an awesome awesome day :-) !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!! I am so happy for you that is awesome. I love that you are becoming pain free from your overies and can function :) 2 boys, now that is so great! I love their names, Maverick was one of ours for Mack. You are going to be such a great mom they are so lucky to have you. I can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and I love all "4" of you very much!
    What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your BOYS... and your happy ovaries! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete