Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Babies and Crappy Ovaries

     Life is going great...except my attention-hungry ovaries.  They just won't let the babies be the center of my attention.  Both ovaries are still covered in lovely cysts that KILL constantly.  It feels like constant punches and sharp pains in my lower abdomen.  By about 3:00 pm I am in too much pain to move again if I sit down.  It hurts to get up or sit down.  It hurts to go to the bathroom (either 1 or 2, doesn't matter).  It hurts to bend over... you get the picture, they just HURT.  I haven't done the massage thing since I last posted.  It hurt sooooo bad I ended up sore and balling my eyes out.  I've tried to research other treatment options and there is nothing on the internet beyond either waiting for them to rupture, aspirate them or surgically remove them.  I was hoping to find natural options...nope. 
     I had an ultrasound today and the babies are finally babies now.  They aren't alien looking anymore...yay!!! No, I don't know what we are having yet.  We find out May 1st!!! Can't wait!! Today Baby A was super squirmy.  It's legs were kicking and its arms were stretching.  I LOVED just watching.  Baby B was much more calm, but still moving a bit.  Both have strong heartbeats and both are growing at the same rate.  They are about 3.5 inches.  I feel sooooo comforted each time I see them and know they are ok. 
This is Baby B. The baby is lookig up at its hand on the left side of pic, body in the middle and little leg kicking on the right. Baby A was much clearer, but I didn't get a picture.  I was too amazed watching it squirm.  This is also on the crappy portable ultrasound machine...not the high-tech good machine.  
     My ovaries were not as exciting to see.  Big blobs with more blobs on them.  The doctor told me I could take Ibuprofen for pain if needed, but to only do that if I was in major pain.  My hollistic, natural-food teacher suggested I take PrimRose Oil Capsules.  I decided to try the capsules first.  I just started them today...crossing my fingers.
     My stomach is growing every day.  My little sister and I are barely days apart in pregnancy, but she has one baby and is BARELY showing.  Its crazy to me to watch the difference in our bodies in regards to belly size.    
This was at 12 weeks. I've grown a bit since, but haven't taken another pic. I'll do that at 16 weeks.






 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your healthy, growing babies! I hope you feel better soon; that sounds excruciating. You look gorgeous, mama!

    ReplyDelete