Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No More Stories Please...

   I am writing this post probably at a bad time.  I should probably wait till I am calmer and not as overwhelmed/fired-up as I am, but oh well.
    First let me make it clear that I appreciate and LOVE all the support I have received for myself and these babies.  I have been blown away by the amount of friends and family that are praying for us, thinking about us and are excited for us.  I can't thank you all enough.
       With all that has come MANY stories and I feel like I did when I couldn't get pregnant. The stories and millions of scenarios I hear almost daily are getting to me.  They are of someone else's journey and this is my journey and my story.  To this point, it has been unlike anyone else's journey (I feel) and my delivery and subsequent raising of twins will be MY journey as well.  That is not to say that I don't appreciate or want advice.  I don't know all the in's and out's of what I am going through or am about to face, BUT I am one that does my research.  I have made informed decisions about having a natural birth.  I have made informed decisions on how I will breastfeed.  I will make informed decisions along the way as I am sure not everything will go as planned.  I do things based off how it feels to me, not how others think it should be done.  If you would like to offer positive support than by all means please do.  If you are going to tell me that I am a new mom that is just clueless than please keep that to yourself.  If you have a twin birth story, please just share the advice portion and leave the story out.
    I will never put my boys in danger.  I will do everything in my power to protect them.  Through my research and faith I feel that that is exactly what I am doing.  I am not opposed to or think that modern medicine is evil, but rather the contrary.  It is a gift from God, but so is my natural body.  I plan to use what God has already given me in nature first and than if needed use what He has given me on earth to supplement a natural process.
    I am blessed to have an amazing man by my side that continues to support me in all my choices.  He trusts me to make decisions based on what is best for our babies.  I ask that other's do the same.  Thank you and the end :)

On a happier, less stressed note... the boys are doing great.  I start my Non-stress Tests on Monday and will have them weekly till I deliver.  I am overall doing great.  Each day I find one more little activity that has become much harder to accomplish.  I get TIRED very easily.  The nursery is almost done (I'll post pictures when it is).  I count my blessings daily of how well things are going.  I truly do appreciate all the support!  It takes a lot of stress/worry out of the equation.


3 comments:

  1. My friend's mom's aunt's BFF tried to have a natural birth with twins and her vagina actually caught on fire. Theres a really informative article about it in the December issue of The Enquirer... you should read it so you're not so dumb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I love this post. I really appreciate how my parents raised me, however I have chosen some the same and some different ways in raising my kids. I do what feels right to me. I know the lord guides each of us through everything in our life. I love that you include Him in all things. Keep pushing forward and keep up your sweet strong spirit. You are amazing. Love ya. Always remember we are all different and need and do different things in life, and that is ok. There is no right or wrong way as long as its still a path that leads us all back to our Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete