Monday, March 25, 2013

Moving On to the Normal OB World

     Just a quick update... We met our OB last Thursday and it was ok.  Dr. Reese was really nice, but he is no Dr. Foulk.  I wish we could just finish our pregnancy with Fould and have him deliver the twins... but NOPE.  The Utah Valley OB office was really nice and we saw my friend there while we were waiting, which is just one more person I trust that goes to them, so that is a good sign.
     The appointment was a basic "Hi, how are you?" type meeting.  After we talked for awhile he did a basic exam.  Instead of an inter-vaginal probe he jammed his fingers up my vag and felt my ovaries and uterus... I prefer the probe.   After that he used a little hand held thing that barely picked up the heartbeats followed by a super old external ultrasound, which made my little bean-size babies look like blobs.  The pictures he gave us kind of sucked because we have seen such detail at the fertility center.  I realized how spoiled we have been being able to literally watch our kids grow week by week in such detail.  The Valley OB has specific ultrasound rooms, which I have to assume are more high-tech then what was used in the exam room (I hope).  Our next appointment is in 4 weeks, which feels like such a long time, but that means that everything is stable enough to not have weekly check-ups.  So yay!!
    All of the changes are because things are going well, so I am trying my best to be excited about them.  I am really not depressed or anything, but having the comfort of people who know me and what I've been through is nice.  Having to explain our saga and all the medical implications took a long time and half of it didn't seem to sink in with the dr.  I just have to trust that he'll look over our records and talk to Dr. Foulk to get the full picture.  I partially feel bad for people that get pregnant normally.  I would hate to have to wait so long to see my babies and miss out on all the crazy changes that happen in the first couple weeks... never thought I would have any reason to feel bad for normal prego woman...haha. 
     I am feeling really good in regards to health.  My mornings are actually great.  I have tons of energy and I am not naseous at all.  Around 2:00 in the afternoon is when the naseau kicks in...BUT as long as I eat like a horse it doesn't get too bad.  My hip bones are super sore, especially if I lay on a hard surface (basically any surface other than a soft bed), but they don't bother me much if I sit or stand.  I am loving the little workouts I am able to do at the gym.  It is amazing how much even a little exercise affects my mode.  I am almost done with my Endometrin (horse pills up the crotch).  I went from 3 a day, to a week of 2 a day and now I am on my last week of 1 a day!!!! I am celebrating my last day of those.  Not sure how, but it will be a great day.  Still doing the Heparin shots twice a day.  Dr. Reese said that later in the 2nd trimester and then again in the 3rd trimester he will be increasing the volume of each dose :( Oh well, whatever keeps the babies safe. 
    Things are going well :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that everything is going so well for you guys! You two are going to be incredible parents to those little babies.

    ReplyDelete