Thursday, December 6, 2012

The First Steps of IVF...


     So far so good with the birth control.  I don’t feel out of whack or like a crazy hormonal lady.   I met with my Sue, my acupuncturist, yesterday and she looked at my blood and said my blood cells looked healthy and amazing and that everything was still in balance… ahhhhh, love good news!!
            About 30 minutes ago I went into UFC for steps one and two of the IVF prep.  The first thing they did was a Water Ultrasound.  It works the same way as the inter-vaginal ultrasound, but with the lovely addition of water shot into your uterus.  They open you up with the speculum, wipe you out with a cotton swab and then push a small catheter into your uterus.  I felt a small pinch and a little cramping, but nothing too bad.  Then they use the inter-vaginal probe and shove that in too (the catheter is still in the uterus).  Then in a split second water is pushed through the catheter and blows your uterus up like a balloon… HOLY CRAMPING!!!!  I am actually writing this while sitting in bed because moving is not fun at the moment, but give me an hour and I think it should fine.  The results of the ultrasound were positive.  They were making sure that my uterus was smooth, no polyps and ready for an embryo and…. It looked perfect.  I was told it was a “pretty uterus”.  I’ll take it!!
            Next I had more blood drawn.  This is a standard procedure before starting IVF to check for infectious diseases.  Both Beau and me have to have it done.  He’ll have his blood drawn another day.  I am pretty confident, like 110%, that those results will also come back positive.
            I am soooooo excited to start this process!  I pick up all our meds next week.  I’ll take a picture because I am pretty sure it will be a crazy amount! 

7 comments:

  1. Leslie you are amazing, Thanks for sharing. I just read the entire thing!!! It is so interesting to hear all that you have to go throough. I had no idea how detailed everything was. You and Beau are great examples to me. We love you guys. You guys have always been in our prayers and we will continue to pray for you as well. Good luck with the next few months.
    oh and Thanks again for taking our pictures.
    Love ya
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats cool that the UFC does steps one and two for you. get me some autographs while you're there next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. ok seriously, it is so great to hear everything is looking great so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, wow. You've been through a LOT! Thank you for sharing. I've been impressed with and inspired by your faith! -Deyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((Hugs)))) to you!! This sounds positive; we are praying for you. Your strength will help others; a true gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! I am excited for you. I am glad that everything is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU so much for sharing. You are an amazing person. There are so many layers to you, and yet I've only seen one or two. I will be praying for you and again THANK YOU for sharing your experiences. I think it REALLY will help us understand all that is happening!

    ReplyDelete